As we put further distance between ourselves and events last Saturday, the focus within the Mayo GAA scene narrows down to local issues this coming weekend. The second round of matches in both the senior and intermediate club championships are on this Saturday and Sunday and the full list of fixtures is set out below.
The County Board moved smartly to deal with the tricky issue of the Ireland/France Euro ’16 match – which throws in at Lyons at 2pm on Sunday – by rescheduling the start times for Sunday’s matches. Basically, any matches that were listed for a 2pm start have been brought forward to midday while 4pm throw-ins have been shunted back to 5pm. The Board says in its statement (here) that they’re also okay with clubs refixing Sunday start times to whatever suits them so you should keep an ear to the ground about any match you might be planning to get to on Sunday to make sure it’s on at the time it’s fixed for.
Right, here are the club fixtures for the weekend (home team named first):
Senior Football Championship
- Group 1: Garrymore v Davitts (Saturday 7.30pm); Breaffy v Claremorris (Sunday 12pm)
- Group 2: Ballintubber v Charlestown (Saturday 5.30pm); Hollymount/Carramore v Aghamore (Saturday 5.30pm)
- Group 3: Ballinrobe v Castlebar Mitchels (Saturday 7.30pm); Ballina Stephenites v Crossmolina (Saturday 7.30pm)
- Group 4: Ballaghaderreen v Kiltane (Sunday 12pm); Ballyhaunis v Knockmore (Sunday 5pm)
Intermediate Football Championship
- Group 1: Kiltimagh v Moy Davitts (Sunday 12pm); Swinford v Tourmakeady (Sunday 5pm)
- Group 2: Shrule/Glencorrib v Ardnaree (Sunday 12pm); Castlebar Mitchels B v Westport (Sunday 12pm)
- Group 3: Burrishoole v Bonniconlon (Saturday 7.30pm); Mayo Gaels v Belmullet (Sunday 12pm)
- Group 4: The Neale v Islandeady (Sunday 12pm); Kilmaine v Parke (Sunday 6pm, in Parke)
If club football doesn’t do it for you and you want to kick over the traces some more about last Saturday, then the Mayo News podcast might be of interest to you. I’m even in it this week – I’m not sure if that’s a recommendation or not but I guess I’ll leave you to judge that one for yourselves.