The dust is starting to settle after a hectic final round of group matches in the Senior, Intermediate and Junior football Championships. Here’s a quick gallop through all the results, what they mean in terms of group standings and the draws for the knockout stages.
Starting with the Senior Championship, here are the weekend’s results:
Here’s what the results mean for the four groups:
- In Group 1, Westport come out on top with three games from three, Ballintubber take the second quarter-final slot, Mayo Gaels retain the Senior status they won last year while The Neale head for the relegations play-offs;
- In Group 2, Ballina Stephenites finish top with defending champions Knockmore also progressing; Aghamore finish ahead of Ballaghaderreen who now face the relegation play-offs;
- In Group 3, Breaffy’s 100% record sees them top the group, with Claremorris the surprise second team to make it through, at the expense of last year’s finalists, Belmullet. Balla end up bottom and so have relegation avoidance duties to attend to now;
- In Group 4, the draw today between Castlebar Mitchels and Garrymore sees the pair of them go through, in that order, with Charlestown edged out while Davitts bring up the rear and so are now in the battle to avoid the drop.
The quarter-finals and relegation play-offs will be contested next weekend. Here are the draws for both, along with fixtures details for these matches:
Onto the Intermediate Championship, where the weekend’s results were as follows:
Here’s where this leaves the four groups:
- Group 1: Louisburgh top the group, Crossmolina also go through, with Lahardane going into the relegation play-offs;
- Group 2: Ballinrobe win the group, Parke also qualify, with Kiltane going into the relegation play-offs;
- Group 3: Ballyhaunis top the group, Bohola Moy Davitts also progress while Ardnaree go into the relegation play-offs;
- Group 4: Hollymount/Carramore win the group, Kilmeena also go through, with Kilmaine going into the relegation play-offs.
Here’s the draw for the IFC quarter-finals and the relegation play-offs, with next weekend’s fixture details for all these games:
Finally, in the Junior Championship, here are the weekend’s results:
Junior now splits in two, with knockout fixtures in the A and B Championships.
Here are next weekend’s Junior A fixtures:
Here are the Junior B ties: