The Senior and Intermediate club football championships within the county have reached the knockout stages and this weekend the quarter-finals are set to be played out in both. So, while off-field machinations have been centre-stage in the world of Mayo GAA over the last few days, there is, thankfully, plenty of on-field action to focus on over the weekend.
We’ve put the club championships front and centre on the Mayo News football podcast over the last while and will continue to do so in the coming weeks too. A good primer for the weekend’s upcoming action can be heard in this week’s podcast episode, which, if you haven’t already listened to it, can be found here.
While many of you will, no doubt, be planning to head to MacHale Park or one of the other venues where matches are taking place this weekend, it’s worth noting that if – like me – you can’t do so then you still don’t have to miss out on the action. Mayo GAA TV are streaming all four SFC quarter-final matches this weekend so there’s really no excuse for not catching a match you’re interested in.
Details on the games being streamed by Mayo GAA TV this weekend are here – Saturday, Sunday. Note there’s a €5 charge for accessing this streaming service, i.e. it’s €5 to watch the Saturday double-header and another €5 to see the Sunday action. It’s a tenner into MacHale Park, by the way, on both days, though Cairde Mhaigheo members are entitled to free access to all club championship fixtures up to and including the county finals.
Right, onto the list of ties being played this weekend.
SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
- Breaffy v Westport, Saturday 6pm at MacHale Park
- Ballintubber v Moy Davitts, Saturday 7.30pm at MacHale Park
- Castlebar Mitchels v Claremorris, Sunday 1pm at MacHale Park
- Garrymore v Ballaghaderreen, Sunday 2.30pm at MacHale Park
- Aghamore v Davitts, Ballyhaunis, Saturday 4pm at Ballyhaunis
- Knockmore v Crossmolina, Sunday 1pm at Ballina
INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
- The Neale v Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin, Saturday 4pm at Claremorris
- Burrishoole v Ballinrobe, Sunday 1pm at Breaffy
- Belmullet v Swinford, Sunday 2.30pm at Ballina
- Louisburgh v Kiltimagh, Sunday 3pm at Islandeady
- Mayo Gaels v Shrule/Glencorrib, Ballyhaunis, Saturday 4pm at Ballinrobe
- Bonniconlon v Castlebar Mitchels B, Saturday 4pm at Knockmore
Best of luck to all the teams in championship action this weekend.