Just a quick one to confirm all of the results in this weekend’s senior and intermediate club championships, which were as follows:
Senior Football Championship
- Group 1: Garrymore 1-13 Davitts 1-10; Breaffy 3-15 Claremorris 1-11.
- Group 2: Ballintubber 2-17 Charlestown 1-4; Hollymount/Carramore 0-9 Aghamore 1-13.
- Group 3: Ballinrobe 0-9 Castlebar Mitchels 5-10; Ballina Stephenites 0-7 Crossmolina 1-7.
- Group 4: Ballaghaderreen 5-11 Kiltane 2-9; Ballyhaunis 0-5 Knockmore 2-17.
Intermediate Football Championship
- Group 1: Kiltimagh 1-13 Moy Davitts 1-8; Swinford 1-8 Tourmakeady 0-8.
- Group 2: Shrule/Glencorrib 0-13 Ardnaree 1-8; Castlebar Mitchels B 0-5 Westport 0-10.
- Group 3: Burrishoole 1-11 Bonniconlon 0-5; Mayo Gaels 1-9 Belmullet 2-10.
- Group 4: The Neale 1-10 Islandeady 0-16; Kilmaine 3-10 Parke 4-8.
I’ve no further information on any of these matches but Colm Gannon in the Mayo Advertiser has put together a handy summary of all of the weekend’s senior clashes, which is here.
3 thoughts on “Round-up of weekend’s club action”
Fermanagh at home. Decent draw as we have home advantage and a good hard opponent.
The Junior A championship: after this weekend, the quarter finalists are known from three of the four groups. In group 1, Achill and Crossmolina B qualify, with Lahardane a surprise in losing out. Group 2 sees Cill Chomain and Louisburgh through, while group 4 has Balla and Ardagh qualifying. Next week’s matches in Group three will determine which two of Ballycastle, Ballintubber B, Killala or Kilmeena go on, with Ballycastle on 3 points and Kilmeena struggling a bit on 1 point.
Willie Joe, I’m a bit disappointed that the round up of Championship didn’t include the junior Championship and this is an attempt to rectify that. The junior Championship has a lot of good, proud clubs in there; Achill, Louisburgh, Balla, Ballycastle, Killala, to name a few, which regularly supply county underage players and deserve more recognition. I hope someone actually reads this before the frenzy about Fermanagh kicks off.
Fair point, Gerry, thanks for providing that info. In my defence, I could say that club fixtures are a bit out of my remit at the best of times, seeing as I live in Dublin and am not really plugged into the club scene at home. When the blog started out nearly ten years ago I rarely mentioned club matches at all and only recently started to provide any kind of round-up of championship fixtures and results from the county. I would never claim that anything I do provide is a complete record, instead it’s just a brief flavour of what’s happening as that’s all I’m in a position to do. It’s part of the downside of this being a one-man, voluntary undertaking I suppose.