There was LGFA Championship football, there was men’s Junior Championship football and there was Senior hurling Championship action all on this weekend. Here’s a quick gallop through the weekend’s results.
Starting with LGFA, the weekend’s results were as follows:
- SFC Group A: Hollymount 2-6 Carnacon 2-9; Knockmore 2-11 Castlebar Mitchels 3-3
- SFC Group B: Charlestown 2-7 Westport 3-8; Kilmovee Shamrocks 2-11 Burrishoole 0-16
- IFC Group A: Ballyhaunis 2-7 Swinford Killasser 2-7; Cill Chomáin 0-10 Moy Davitts 3-16
- IFC Group B: Davitts 1-8 McHale Rovers 4-8
- JFC A Group A: The Neale 5-8 Breaffy 3-12
- JFC A Group B: Kiltimagh 1-4 Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin 3-10; Aghamore 5-17 Kilmeena 2-7
Onto those Junior finals, in which the A decider at MacHale Park today between Knockmore and Westport had to be abandoned at half-time due to torrential rain. The Mayo News has a report on that one here.
The B final between Claremorris and Parke/Keelogues/Crimlin went to penalties, after it finished 0-11 apiece. Claremorris took the title at Fr O’Hara Park in Charlestown by winning the shootout 4-3, with that match also being played in the same horrendous weather that hit the west this afternoon. A Mayo News report on the game is here. Ballinrobe beat Garrymore by 0-14 to 1-10 in the JFC C final at Cong.
In Round 2 of the Senior hurling Championship, Tooreen had an extremely facile 10-21 to 1-4 win over St Ciarán’s on Saturday while Ballyhaunis got the better of Castlebar Mitchels by 3-22 to 1-3 the same afternoon.