The shortlist of candidates for the position of Mayo manager has been known for a few weeks now and, with the interviews set to be held over the next few days, the name of the new bainisteoir should be announced soon. That much was confirmed by Mayo GAA Secretary Dermot Butler, who’s quoted in this week’s Mayo News as saying that there should be word on the appointment “early next week.”
It was only earlier on today, however, that the core backroom teams of all four candidates for the post were finally confirmed. I had intended to stick up a poll here on the blog some time ago on this issue but was persuaded, correctly I believe, to hold off doing so until such time as it was clear what the composition of each candidate’s management team would be.
That information is now available. Just to confirm, here’s who are on the respective tickets of the four candidates for the Mayo manager’s job:
- Ray Dempsey: Oisín McConville, Declan O’Keeffe, Enda Gilvarry, Keith Higgins, James Burke
- Kevin McStay: Donie Buckley, Stephen Rochford, Liam McHale, Damien Mulligan
- Declan Shaw: Paddy Christie, Richie Feeney, Dessie Sloyan, Cormac Rowland
- Mike Solan: Aidan O’Rourke, Eamonn O’Hara, Alan Murphy, Mark Ronaldson
Obviously, that wouldn’t be all the names involved for any of the teams but these are the names of the core individuals within the proposed set-ups of each of the four candidates.
And so, armed with this information and, in light of the fact that the decision on who gets the gig is set to be made soon, it’s finally time for a vote on the issue. Right, then, which of the four would you like to see get it?
Who do you want to be the next Mayo manager?
- Kevin McStay (41%, 1,776 Votes)
- Ray Dempsey (38%, 1,677 Votes)
- Mike Solan (18%, 779 Votes)
- Declan Shaw (3%, 146 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,378